Is INTP or Intj rarer

CuriousCat

I'm looking for help understanding whether INTP or INTJ is the rarer personality type. I'm new to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and I'm having a difficult time understanding the rarity of each type. I'm hoping other forum users can help me by providing insight into the rarity of each type and how it compares to one another. Any advice or experiences that anyone has had with researching or understanding the rarity of the two types would be greatly appreciated.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
INTP and INTJ are both rare personality types that account for only 3-5% of the population. The INTP (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving) is a personality type within the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). The INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging) is the second rarest of the 16 personality types, making up only 2-4% of the population.

Subtitle: Comparison of INTP and INTJ

Both INTP and INTJ personalities share many traits, but there are some differences between them. INTPs tend to be more analytical and logical, while INTJs are more strategic and decisive. INTPs have a more open and flexible mindset, while INTJs are more structured and organized. INTPs prefer to focus on possibilities and future potential, while INTJs are more focused on results and practical solutions.

Subtitle: Common Traits of INTP and INTJ

INTPs and INTJs are both independent, analytical thinkers who are highly creative and value intellectual pursuits. They are both independent thinkers who enjoy exploring theories and ideas. They are both good problem solvers with strong analytical skills. They both prefer to work alone and can be quite introverted. They are both open-minded and eager to learn new things. They both have strong powers of logic and reasoning and are highly rational.

Subtitle: Conclusion

INTPs and INTJs are both rare personality types that are highly analytical and creative. They both share many traits and can be quite introverted. They both prefer to work alone and are highly independent thinkers. They are both open-minded and have strong powers of logic and reasoning. Ultimately, it is difficult to determine which personality type is rarer, as they are both quite uncommon.