Is INFJ really that rare

strawberry

I'm an INFJ personality type, and I've been told that we are one of the rarest personality types. Is this really true? Does anyone have any insight they can share? I'm curious to know if this is a relatively common type, or if it's actually quite rare. I'd love to hear from other INFJ's or anyone else who might have knowledge about this.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
INFJ stands for Introversion, Intuition, Feeling, and Judging, which is one of the 16 personality types in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). It is often considered to be the rarest personality type, with only 1-2% of the population falling into this category.

Understanding INFJ Personality Types

INFJs are highly sensitive and value meaningful connections with others. They are imaginative, creative, and independent thinkers who often find themselves drawn to the arts and sciences. They are also known for being fiercely loyal and devoted to their friends and family. INFJs are typically private and introspective people who prefer to spend time alone or in small groups of people.

Are INFJs Really That Rare?

The answer to this question is both yes and no. While INFJs are certainly rare, they are not as rare as some people think. In fact, they are the fourth most common personality type, with approximately 4% of the population falling into this category.

The reason why INFJs are often perceived as rare is because they are so different from other personality types. They tend to be more introspective, have a greater capacity for empathy, and rely heavily on intuition when making decisions. Additionally, INFJs are often seen as mysterious and hard to understand because of their complex inner world.

Conclusion

In conclusion, while INFJs may be rarer than some other personality types, they are not as rare as some people think. They are highly sensitive and creative individuals who often find themselves drawn to the arts and sciences. Additionally, INFJs have a greater capacity for empathy and rely heavily on intuition when making decisions.