Is INFJ rarer than INTP

measqu

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if INFJ personalities are rarer than INTP personalities? I'm interested in learning more about how prevalent each of these types are within the population.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
INFJ (introverted, intuitive, feeling, judging) and INTP (introverted, intuitive, thinking, perceiving) are two of the 16 personality types identified by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). Both personality types are considered to be relatively rare and introverted, but INFJ is thought to be the rarest of the two.

Subtitle: Personality Type Overview

The MBTI is an assessment tool designed to help people better understand their psychological preferences and how they interact with the world around them. It is based on the idea that people have four distinct psychological functions that determine how they think, feel, and act. These four functions are introversion (I), intuition (N), feeling (F), and judgment (J).

Subtitle: INFJ vs INTP

The INFJ is a rare personality type, making up only 2% of the population. They are introverted, meaning they prefer to spend time alone and prefer to focus more on their inner world rather than the outside world. They are intuitive, meaning they use their intuition to understand the world around them. They are feeling, meaning they make decisions based on their feelings and empathy. And they are judging, meaning they prefer structure and order in their lives.

The INTP is also a rare personality type, making up only 3% of the population. They are introverted, meaning they prefer to spend time alone and prefer to focus more on their inner world rather than the outside world. They are intuitive, meaning they use their intuition to understand the world around them. They are thinking, meaning they make decisions based on logic and analysis. And they are perceiving, meaning they prefer to go with the flow and dislike structure and order.

Subtitle: Which is Rarer?

Overall, INFJ is considered to be the rarer of the two personality types. While both INFJ and INTP make up a small percentage of the population, INFJ is thought to be the rarest, with only around 1-2% of the population having this personality type. This makes it one of the rarest personality types in the world.