Is Enneagram 1 introverted

DigitalExplorer

"Hello everyone! I've been recently learning about the Enneagram system and I was wondering if someone could help me with a question. Is an Enneagram 1 type considered an introverted personality type? I'm trying to understand the different types and their characteristics so any insight would be much appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Enneagram 1 is often thought of as a personality type that is introverted in nature. This is because people with an Enneagram 1 personality tend to focus on their own inner world and feelings. They often prefer to spend time alone, and have difficulty expressing their emotions in social settings. However, this doesn't necessarily mean that all people with Enneagram 1 personalities are introverted. Some may be extroverted, depending on their individual interests and preferences.

Enneagram 1 and Introversion

The Enneagram is a system of personality typing that can help people understand their own behavior and motivations. People with Enneagram 1 personalities tend to be highly self-aware and introspective. They often prefer to stay in their own inner world of ideas and feelings rather than engaging in social interaction. They may feel overwhelmed or drained when they are in social situations, and may prefer to spend time alone.

Enneagram 1 and Extroversion

While Enneagram 1 personalities often prefer to stay in their own inner world, this doesn't mean that all people with this personality type are introverted. Some may be extroverted, depending on their individual interests and preferences. People with Enneagram 1 personalities may enjoy spending time with others, engaging in social activities, and expressing their feelings in a group setting. They may also be able to express their inner thoughts and feelings in a creative way, such as through music, art, or writing.