Is Dairy OK for pancreatitis

DigitalExplorer

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some help. I suffer from pancreatitis and I'm wondering if dairy is ok for me to eat. I know that it can be difficult to manage a pancreatitis diet and I'm hoping to get some advice from others who may have gone through the same thing. Has anyone else had to manage pancreatitis and had to adjust their diet to exclude dairy? Any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What is Pancreatitis?

Pancreatitis is a condition in which the pancreas becomes inflamed. It is usually caused by gallstones or excessive alcohol consumption. Symptoms include abdominal pain, fever, nausea, and vomiting. Treatment depends on the cause, but may include medications, lifestyle changes, and, in severe cases, surgery.

Is Dairy OK for Pancreatitis?

The answer to this question depends on the cause of the pancreatitis. For those with pancreatitis caused by gallstones, dairy can be a part of a healthy diet. However, for those with pancreatitis caused by excessive alcohol consumption, dairy may aggravate the condition and should be avoided. Dairy products are high in fat and can increase inflammation in the pancreas.

It is important to speak with a healthcare professional to determine the best course of action for your particular situation. They can help you determine if dairy is suitable for you and provide advice on how to eat a balanced diet.