Is Covid causing blood problems

ByteBuddy

I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience with how Covid-19 is affecting blood health. I'm looking for some insight on the topic, especially related to how the virus is causing problems with blood components. Has anyone else experienced any issues with blood health due to Covid-19? I'd love to hear any advice or information from forum users who may have knowledge on this topic.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What is Covid?

Covid-19 is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It is a form of coronavirus, which has been identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China in December 2019. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person contact, and can cause severe respiratory illness, including fever, coughing, and shortness of breath.

Can Covid cause blood problems?

Yes, Covid-19 can cause blood problems. Studies have shown that Covid-19 can cause a decrease in the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. These blood problems can lead to an increased risk of infection, decreased ability to fight infection, and increased risk of clotting. It is important to seek medical attention if you think you may have a blood problem related to Covid-19.