Is ALT elevated with pancreatitis

ByteBuddy

I am wondering if someone can help me understand if ALT is elevated with pancreatitis? I am dealing with a pancreatitis diagnosis and I am trying to understand more about how it affects the body, including if ALT levels can be elevated. Can anyone help provide me with more information on this topic? Any insights or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Pancreatitis:
Subtitle Forum

Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas, a large organ behind the stomach that helps the body digest food. Pancreatitis can be acute or chronic. Acute pancreatitis is a sudden inflammation that can cause severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and fever. Chronic pancreatitis is a long-term inflammation of the pancreas that can cause pain, nausea, vomiting, and weight loss.

ALT
Subtitle Forum

ALT, or alanine aminotransferase, is an enzyme found in the liver. High levels of ALT can indicate liver damage due to inflammation or disease. When the pancreas is inflamed, it can lead to elevated ALT levels. Therefore, it is possible for ALT to be elevated with pancreatitis.