Is ALT 80 need for concern

measqu

"Hello everyone, I'm new here and I was hoping I could get some help. Recently, I had my liver enzyme levels tested and my ALT was 80. Is this something I should be concerned about? Has anyone else had an experience with this before? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
ALT 80 is a measure of the amount of an enzyme in the blood called alanine aminotransferase (ALT). It is commonly used to detect liver damage. High levels of ALT can indicate liver disease or damage from conditions such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or fatty liver.

ALT levels between 10 and 40 units per liter (U/L) are considered normal. Levels between 41 and 80 U/L may indicate mild liver injury, while levels over 80 U/L usually indicate significant liver damage.

Should I Be Concerned if My ALT Is 80?

Yes, if your ALT is 80 or higher, it is important to seek medical attention. High levels of ALT can indicate serious liver damage. Your doctor will likely order a series of tests to determine the cause of the elevated ALT. Treatment will depend on the underlying condition.

Ways to Lower ALT Levels

If your ALT levels are elevated due to a treatable condition, there are several steps you can take to help lower your ALT levels. These include:

• Eating a healthy diet that is low in saturated fat and cholesterol

• Exercising regularly

• Limiting alcohol consumption

• Taking medications as prescribed by your doctor

• Avoiding exposure to toxins and pollutants

• Getting vaccinated against hepatitis A and B

It is important to follow your doctor’s instructions for managing your condition and to seek medical attention if your ALT levels remain elevated.