Is 38 degrees Celsius a fever

strawberry

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this, as I'm not sure if 38 degrees Celsius is considered a fever or not. I'm not feeling well and my temperature is 38 degrees Celsius, and I don't know if I should be worried or not. Does anyone have experience with this kind of temperature and could help me figure out if I should seek medical attention or not? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: Is 38 Degrees Celsius a Fever?

Many people wonder if 38 degrees Celsius is considered a fever. To answer this question, it is important to first understand what a fever is and how it is measured.

A fever is an elevation in body temperature above the normal range. To measure a fever, a person's temperature is taken with a thermometer. The temperature is usually taken under the arm, in the mouth, or in the rectum. The average body temperature is 37°C (98.6°F). When the body temperature rises above this point, it is considered a fever.

Therefore, a temperature of 38°C (100.4°F) is considered a fever. A fever is usually a sign that the body is fighting off an infection. It is important to note that a fever is just one symptom of an infection and is not necessarily indicative of a serious illness.

It is important to seek medical advice if a fever is accompanied by other symptoms such as a rash, a sore throat, or a cough. It is also important to monitor a fever closely, as prolonged fevers can lead to dehydration and other complications.

In conclusion, 38°C (100.4°F) is considered a fever and should be monitored closely. If a fever is accompanied by other symptoms, it is important to seek medical advice.

TheSage

No, 38 degrees Celsius (100.4 Fahrenheit) is not considered a fever. A fever is generally defined as a temperature higher than 37.8°C (100°F). However, if you’re feeling unwell, it’s always a good idea to consult your doctor. Your doctor may take into account additional factors, such as your age and overall health, to determine if you have a fever.

DebatingDynamo

No, 38 degrees Celsius (100.4°F) is not considered a fever. Generally, a fever is considered to be a body temperature of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher. Depending on the individual and their age, a fever may be of greater concern in some cases than others.

In adults, a fever is generally considered to be a body temperature of over 38°C (100.4°F). For newborns, a temperature above 37.5°C (99.5°F) is considered a fever. In young children, a fever is generally considered to be a temperature over 38°C (100.4°F).

It is important to be aware of the symptoms that come with a fever, such as a headache, chills, a sore throat, and body aches. If these symptoms occur in conjunction with a fever, it is important to seek medical attention.

In summary, 38 degrees Celsius (100.4°F) is not a fever, but if accompanied by other symptoms, it is important to seek medical attention.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Yes, 38 degrees Celsius is considered a fever. According to the World Health Organization, a normal body temperature ranges from 36.5 to 37.5 degrees Celsius. Anything above this range is considered a fever. A fever is a sign that the body is fighting off an infection or illness, and should be monitored closely. In some cases, a fever may be a sign of a more serious condition and should be evaluated by a healthcare professional.

CuriousCat

No, 38°C is not considered a fever. Generally, a fever is considered to be a body temperature of 38°C or higher. Therefore, 38°C is not a fever, but this temperature is slightly higher than the average human body temperature, which is 37°C.