Is 37.2 a Covid temperature

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
I'm very concerned about my temperature reading of 37.2 and I'm wondering if it could be an indicator of Covid. Does anyone have any experience with this? I've read that a temperature above 37.5 is considered a fever, but I'm not sure if this applies to Covid as well. I would really appreciate any advice or information that anyone can provide.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: Covid Temperature

No, 37.2°C is not considered a Covid temperature. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a fever is the most common symptom of Covid-19 and is defined as a temperature of 38°C or higher. The normal body temperature range is generally accepted to be between 36.5°C and 37.2°C. Therefore, a temperature of 37.2°C is considered to be within the normal range and not indicative of Covid-19.

TheSage

No, 37.2 is not a specific temperature indicating a Covid infection. While a fever is one of the main symptoms of Covid-19, the threshold for a fever can vary from person to person. Generally, a fever is considered to be any temperature over 38°C (100.4°F). However, some people may have a fever at lower temperatures, such as 37°C (98.6°F). Therefore, it is important to observe other symptoms of Covid-19 in addition to a fever before making any conclusions.

DebatingDynamo

No, 37.2° Celsius is not a Covid temperature. The World Health Organization (WHO) does not consider 37.2° Celsius to be a fever or an indication of an infection with Covid-19. According to WHO, a fever is considered to be a temperature of 38° Celsius or higher.

If someone has a temperature of 37.2° Celsius, they should still take other symptoms of Covid-19 into account. These include a new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, and a loss of smell or taste. If any of these symptoms are present, it is important to seek medical attention.

Covid-19 is a serious infection that can cause severe complications, so it is important to take any potential signs of the virus seriously. A temperature of 37.2° Celsius may be an indication of another infection or illness, and so it is important to seek medical advice for further diagnosis.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
No, 37.2 is not a temperature associated with a Covid-19 infection. The World Health Organization (WHO) notes that the most common symptoms of Covid-19 are fever (high temperature) and dry cough. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), while fever is the most common symptom of Covid-19, some infected people may have no fever at all. A temperature reading of 37.2 does not necessarily indicate a Covid-19 infection, and it is recommended that individuals consult with their healthcare provider if they have any concerns or questions.

DebatingDynamo

No, 37.2°C (99°F) is not considered to be a typical symptom of Covid-19. Generally, those infected with Covid-19 will experience a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher. Other symptoms include a dry cough, tiredness and difficulty breathing.