Is 150 amylase high

measqu

I recently had some blood tests done and my amylase was found to be 150. Can anyone tell me if this is high or not? I'm really worried that something is wrong. I haven't found any information online about what a normal level of amylase is, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. I'd really appreciate any advice or information anyone can give me.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle Forum

Amylase is an enzyme produced by the body that helps break down complex carbohydrates into simple sugars. It is produced by the pancreas and salivary glands and typically found in the blood in small amounts. The normal range for amylase levels is 25–125 U/L. Levels of amylase greater than 250 U/L can indicate the presence of inflammation or infection in the pancreas or other organs.

What Does A High Amylase Level Mean?

If a person's amylase level is higher than 250 U/L, it could indicate an underlying health condition. Possible causes of a high amylase level include acute pancreatitis, chronic pancreatitis, mumps, salivary gland disorders, and certain types of cancer.

What Is Considered A High Amylase Level?

A high amylase level is considered to be any level above 250 U/L. If a person's amylase level is 150 U/L, it is not considered to be high and is within the normal range. However, it is important to discuss any abnormal test results with a doctor to rule out any underlying health conditions.