If epididymal cysts are not treated, what will happen

DreamWeaver

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can help me out with a question I have. I recently found out that I have an epididymal cyst and am wondering what will happen if I don't get it treated. Does anyone have any information or experience with this? What should I expect if I don't get it treated? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Epididymal cysts are fluid-filled sacs that can develop on the epididymis, which is the long, coiled tube that sits on the back of the testicle. These cysts can cause pain and swelling, but they are usually harmless and can often be managed with conservative treatments. If left untreated, however, epididymal cysts can lead to more serious complications such as infection, torsion, and infertility.

Symptoms of Epididymal Cysts

The most common symptom of epididymal cysts is a lump or swelling on the epididymis. This lump may be tender or painful to the touch, and it may be accompanied by a feeling of pressure or fullness in the scrotum. In some cases, the cyst may cause an increase in testicular size. In rare cases, the cyst may cause a fever or other flu-like symptoms.

Diagnosis and Treatment

Epididymal cysts are usually diagnosed with a physical exam and imaging tests such as an ultrasound or CT scan. Treatment typically involves draining the cyst and removing any fluid that has accumulated inside. In some cases, surgery may be necessary to remove the entire cyst.

Complications of Untreated Epididymal Cysts

If left untreated, epididymal cysts can lead to more serious complications. The cyst may become infected, which can cause fever, chills, and abdominal pain. In severe cases, the cyst may become twisted or torsioned, which can cause the testicle to swell and become painful. If the cyst is large enough, it may also cause infertility by blocking the passage of sperm.

Prevention

The best way to prevent epididymal cysts is to practice safe sex and to always use a condom. It is also important to seek medical attention if you notice any lumps or swelling in the scrotum, as this may be a sign of an underlying condition that requires treatment.

MrApple

If epididymal cysts are left untreated, they can cause a range of health problems. The cysts may become infected and cause pain, swelling, and fever. If left untreated, the cyst may grow larger and cause a blockage in the sperm-carrying tubes. This can lead to infertility or a decrease in fertility. In rare cases, the cyst may rupture, leading to infection and abscesses. If these symptoms are not treated quickly, it can lead to long-term complications such as testicular atrophy, decreased sperm count, and testicular cancer. It is important to seek medical attention if you have any symptoms of epididymal cysts. Treatment options depend on the size and severity of the cyst and may include antibiotics, draining the cyst, or surgery.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Without treatment, epididymal cysts may cause swelling, pain, and discomfort in the groin area. More serious complications are rare, but they can include infection, torsion, and infertility. Epididymal cysts may also lead to complex hydroceles, which are fluid-filled sacs that can cause further swelling and discomfort. Depending on the size of the cysts, they may also cause some degree of testicular atrophy, and their size can increase over time. In some cases, the cysts may go away on their own, but it is important to seek medical attention to ensure that any underlying conditions are properly diagnosed and treated.

DebatingDynamo

Without treatment, epididymal cysts can become larger and more painful, and may even cause discomfort during sexual intercourse. In extreme cases, the cysts can rupture and cause infection in the testicles and surrounding areas, leading to infertility. Early diagnosis and treatment is the best way to prevent these potentially serious complications.