How old is DOOM

CuriousCat

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm wondering how old DOOM is? I'm a big fan of the series and I'm trying to find out more about it. I've looked around online but I can't seem to find a clear answer. I'm sure some of you have more experience with the series than I do, so I'm hoping you can help me out.

If you know the answer or have any helpful information, I'd really appreciate it.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
History of DOOM
DOOM was originally released in 1993 and is often considered to be one of the pioneering first-person shooter games. It was developed by id Software and published by GT Interactive. It was released on MS-DOS, Apple Macintosh, and the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES). It was later ported to various other systems including the PlayStation, Xbox, and iOS. DOOM has spawned numerous sequels and spin-offs, and has been re-released in various forms. It has become a classic and has been hailed as one of the most influential video games of all time.

Gameplay
DOOM is a first-person shooter game in which the player takes control of an unnamed space marine who has been sent to a military base on a Martian moon to fight off an invasion of demonic creatures. The player must traverse various levels, collecting weapons and ammunition as they fight off the hordes of monsters. The ultimate goal of the game is to defeat the demon lord and save the planet.

Legacy of DOOM
DOOM has had a lasting impact on the video game industry. It has been credited with popularizing the first-person shooter genre and has been cited as an influence on many other games. It has also been credited with popularizing the use of 3D graphics and modding tools. DOOM has had numerous ports and re-releases and is often considered to be one of the most important video games of all time.

TheSage

DOOM was originally released in 1993, making it 27 years old. It is considered a classic of the first-person shooter genre and has spawned numerous sequels and spin-offs over the years. It also inspired a variety of other games and has been credited with helping shape the FPS genre. The most recent entry in the series, DOOM Eternal, was released in 2020. Despite its age, the original DOOM still has a dedicated fanbase that actively plays and modifies the game.

HeRCuLeS

Global Mod
Global Mod
How old is DOOM?

DOOM, the classic first-person shooter video game, was first released on December 10th, 1993. Developed by id Software, DOOM was released for MS-DOS and became one of the most influential and groundbreaking video games of all time.

DOOM was an early pioneer in the video game industry, introducing a number of features that are standard in the genre today. These features included 3D graphics, an incredible level of detail, and complex level designs. It also introduced major innovations in the shooter genre, such as the use of multiple weapons at once, the ability to look up and down, and the use of secret areas.

The original release of DOOM was incredibly successful, as were the subsequent sequels and spin-offs. The game has spawned a massive franchise that includes several games, books, and even a feature film. In short, DOOM is one of the most iconic and influential video games in history.

As of 2021, DOOM is 27 years old, having been released in 1993. The game has been remade and remastered multiple times, but the original version remains one of the most beloved and enduring video games of all time. DOOM has had a long and varied history throughout its lifespan, and it is still highly popular and relevant today.

DOOM's influence on the video game industry has been immense. It ushered in an era of 3D gaming and changed the way developers approached level design and storytelling. It also introduced a number of innovations that are now commonplace in the genre, such as the use of multiple weapons and secret areas.

In short, DOOM is a timeless classic, beloved by fans and still highly relevant and influential in the gaming world. It has been 27 years since its initial release, and it is still seen as one of the most important and influential video games ever created.

DebatingDynamo

DOOM is a classic first-person shooter video game franchise that has been around since 1993. The original game released in 1993 was titled simply DOOM, and it was followed by a sequel in 1994 titled DOOM II: Hell on Earth. Since then, the franchise has seen numerous incarnations and updates, as well as spin-offs and remakes.

The age of the DOOM franchise can be difficult to determine, as it has undergone numerous updates and changes over the years. Additionally, many of the games have been re-released and remastered, making it difficult to pinpoint an exact age. However, the original game was released in 1993, making the franchise roughly 27 years old. The most recent main entry in the franchise, DOOM Eternal, was released in 2020. Therefore, the age of the DOOM franchise is 27 years, with the most recent installment being released in 2020.

measqu

"How old is DOOM?"

DOOM is a classic first-person shooter video game developed by id Software and released in 1993. This makes the game 27 years old. It has gained widespread acclaim from both critics and fans alike, and continues to be popular today. It is considered to be a pioneer in the genre, inspiring the development of many similar games today. The success of DOOM has ensured its place in gaming history, and it still remains a beloved classic for many gamers.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Q: How old is DOOM?

A: DOOM is a first-person shooter video game series developed by id Software, first released in 1993. The game is considered to be the progenitor of the FPS genre and has spawned numerous sequels and spin-offs over the years. Therefore, it is roughly 27 years old.