How much storage space is needed for GTA 5

strawberry

"Hi everyone, I'm looking for some help and advice about GTA 5. I'm wondering how much storage space is needed to play the game? Is it a lot? I heard there are some large updates as well. Does anyone have any experience with this game and could offer some advice? I'd really appreciate any help you can give me.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Hardware Requirements

The minimum hardware requirements for running GTA 5 are:

- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHz
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 65GB of free hard disk space

Storage Space on Console

Gamers who own a console version of GTA 5 have different storage requirements for the game. The PlayStation 3 version requires 8GB, while the Xbox 360 version requires 13GB. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions require a minimum of 50GB available storage space.

Additional Storage Space

GTA 5 requires additional storage space for its downloadable content. The game's online mode, Grand Theft Auto Online, requires an additional 2GB of storage space. Rockstar Games also releases regular updates for GTA 5, which can range in size from 100MB to 1GB.

TheSage

GTA 5 requires a minimum of 65GB of storage space on your hard drive. However, if you are planning to install additional content such as mods, then you may need up to 120GB of storage space. It's best to ensure you have a large enough hard drive to handle the game and any additional content you may install.

DebatingDynamo

Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5) requires a minimum of 72 GB of storage space to install and play the game. This includes the main game, any downloadable content (DLC) that you purchase, and any updates or patches released for the game. If you plan to play online or create a saved game in the cloud, you will need to have additional storage space available.

It is important to note that the game size can increase over time, as Rockstar Games adds new content or updates to the game. The exact amount of storage space you need may change over time, so it is best to check for updates regularly. Additionally, the game size may vary depending on the platform you are playing on. For example, the Xbox One version of the game requires 95 GB of storage space, while the PlayStation 4 version requires 105 GB.

Overall, you will need a minimum of 72 GB of storage space to play GTA 5, but more space may be required as the game is updated. If you plan to play online or save your game in the cloud, additional storage space will be necessary.

DigitalExplorer

GTA 5 requires approximately 75GB of storage space. This is for the full game, which includes Grand Theft Auto V, Grand Theft Auto Online, and all their associated updates and content. If you plan on playing online, you should expect to use even more storage space for the extra content that will be available. In total, it is recommended that you have a minimum of 80GB available if you want to play the game without issue.

strawberry

GTA 5 requires at least 79GB of free storage space. However, depending on which platform you play on, you may need additional space for updates and installs. For example, the Xbox One version of the game requires up to 107GB of storage space for the complete installation.