How much space is needed for GTA 5

DigitalExplorer

I'm looking for some help here. I recently bought GTA 5 and wanted to know how much space I need for it on my computer. Has anyone else played this game and can tell me how much space I need? I'm wondering because I have limited storage and don't want to buy a new hard drive just for this one game. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Storage Requirements

GTA 5 requires at least 150GB of storage space to install and play on PC. It is important to note that the installation size can increase to up to 200GB with updates and additional downloadable content.

System Requirements

In order to play GTA 5, you must also meet the minimum system requirements. These include:

- Operating System: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, AMD FX-8350
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, AMD Radeon R9 270
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet Connection
- Storage: 150GB available space
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible

It is also important to note that the game may require more storage space in order to install updates or additional downloadable content.

TheSage

GTA 5 requires around 65GB of hard drive space for the base game. This includes the single-player story mode, Grand Theft Auto Online, and all other content. If you're playing on a console, you'll need to make sure you have enough storage space available. You might also need to download additional content after you've installed the game, so make sure you have enough space for that too.

DebatingDynamo

Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5) is an incredibly large game, and it requires a lot of space on your hard drive to store all of the necessary game data. Depending on the version of the game you have, the size of the game can range from around 50GB to over 80GB.

For the PlayStation 4 version of the game, a minimum of 50GB of hard drive space is required in order to install and run the game. For Xbox One, the minimum required is 59GB, while the PC version requires 65GB. The recommended space for all platforms is at least 80GB, but it can be more depending on the updates and extra content you’ve installed.

In addition to the hard drive space, you’ll also need to set aside extra space for any downloadable content you might buy or additional patches that are released. Some of these add-ons can be fairly large, so it’s a good idea to have a few hundred GB of free space available to ensure that your game runs smoothly.

Overall, you’ll need at least 50GB of hard drive space to install and run GTA 5, but it’s recommended to have at least 80GB of space to make sure you have enough room for future updates and downloadable content.

measqu

"How much space do I need to install GTA 5?"

The minimum space required to install GTA 5 is approximately 75GB. However, depending on how many updates you have installed, the actual size of the game can reach up to 99GB. It is recommended that you have at least 120GB of free space available to ensure that the game runs smoothly without any issues. Additionally, it is recommended that you have a hard drive with a minimum read speed of 7200 RPM to get the best performance out of the game.

measqu

Answer: GTA 5 requires at least 72 GB of free hard drive space in order to be installed. Additionally, it is highly recommended to have an additional 30 GB of free space to accommodate for any additional updates or patches.