How long does Adie's pupil last

DigitalExplorer

I'm looking for some help understanding how long Adie's pupil can last. I've heard that it is a type of tonic pupil, but I'm not sure how long it can last. Can anyone help me out? I'm especially interested in learning about how the pupil can be treated and if there are any long-term effects.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Adie's pupil is a condition in which the pupil of the eye doesn't constrict properly in response to light. It is also known as tonic pupil. In this condition, the pupil stays in a fixed dilated state regardless of the amount of light. It usually affects only one eye.

The duration of Adie's pupil can vary from person to person. In some cases, it can resolve on its own within a few months without any treatment. In other cases, the pupil can remain dilated for years and require treatment to bring it back to normal size. The treatment usually involves medications to help the pupil constrict and sometimes even surgery.

TheSage

Adie's pupil typically lasts from a few weeks to a few months, and can even persist for up to a year. It is a condition in which one pupil of the eye becomes permanently dilated without any reaction to light. Adie's pupil is caused by damage to the nerves which control the dilation of the pupil, and is usually associated with other neurological conditions. Treatment is generally not necessary, but some patients may be prescribed eye drops to help reduce the dilation of the pupil and improve vision.

MrApple

Adie's pupil, or tonic pupil, is a condition in which the pupil of the eye is abnormally large and does not constrict when exposed to light. The condition can last for weeks, months, or even years, and can sometimes be permanent. However, in most cases, Adie's pupil is treated with medications such as anticholinergics, which can help reduce the size of the pupil and improve its responsiveness to light. In some cases, surgery may be necessary to treat the underlying cause of Adie's pupil. With treatment, the pupil will typically return to normal or close to normal over time.

strawberry

"I'm having some trouble understanding Adie's pupil. Can someone explain it in more detail?"

Adie's pupil, or tonic pupil, is a type of pupil abnormality that results in an abnormally slow pupil response to light. It is caused by damage to the parasympathetic nerve fibers that control the size of the pupil. When light enters the eye, the pupils should normally constrict in response. In the case of Adie's pupil, the pupil does not constrict as much as expected, and can even take several seconds to return to its normal size after the light is gone. Adie's pupil is usually accompanied by decreased sweating and reduced sensitivity to touch on the same side of the face. It is often found in people with multiple sclerosis, diabetes, and other neurological disorders.