How long can you have pancreatic cancer before you know it

measqu

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm wondering how long a person can have pancreatic cancer before they know it. Does it depend on how the cancer is progressing? Are there any other factors that may affect the amount of time a person may have pancreatic cancer before they know it? Has anyone here had personal experience with this, or know someone who has? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Pancreatic Cancer:
Pancreatic cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the tissues of the pancreas. It can spread to other organs such as the liver and lungs. Symptoms of pancreatic cancer may not appear until the disease has progressed significantly.

Diagnosis:
The diagnosis of pancreatic cancer usually involves a physical exam, imaging tests, and biopsy. If the cancer is suspected, the doctor may order a variety of tests to confirm the diagnosis. These tests may include a blood test to check for elevated levels of certain markers, a CT scan to look for tumors, and a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

How long can you have pancreatic cancer before you know it:
It is impossible to know exactly how long you can have pancreatic cancer before it is detected. The disease is often symptomless until it has spread throughout the body. In some cases, the cancer may be detected through imaging tests or other tests before any symptoms appear. However, in other cases, the cancer may not be detected until it has spread to the point where it is causing symptoms. In general, the earlier the cancer is detected, the better the treatment outcome.