How long can COVID affect you

DigitalExplorer

"Has anyone been affected by COVID for an extended period of time? I'm wondering how long the effects of the virus can last. I'm looking for personal experiences, information, or advice related to this topic. I'd really appreciate any help or insights anyone can offer.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
COVID-19 Symptoms

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, dry cough, and tiredness. Other symptoms may include aches and pains, nasal congestion, headache, conjunctivitis, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell.

Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 5 people who get COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.

How Long Can Covid-19 Last?

The length of time that a person is contagious with the virus that causes COVID-19 is not yet known. It is likely that a person is most contagious when they are most symptomatic (the sickest). It is possible for a person who has recovered from COVID-19 to be re-infected, although this is thought to be uncommon.

The time it takes for someone to recover from COVID-19 infection can vary. In general, mild cases of COVID-19 usually clear up within 1–2 weeks. People with more severe cases may take 3–6 weeks to recover. Some people may experience lingering symptoms for several weeks or even months after they have recovered. This is known as “long COVID” or “post-COVID syndrome”.

Conclusion

The length of time that a person is contagious with the virus that causes COVID-19 is not yet known. Most people recover from the disease without needing special treatment within 1–2 weeks. However, some people may experience lingering symptoms for several weeks or even months after they have recovered. It is possible for a person who has recovered from COVID-19 to be re-infected, although this is thought to be uncommon.