How does high ALT make you feel

DigitalExplorer

"Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm looking for some help. I recently had a blood test that revealed my ALT levels were high and I'm feeling really worried. Does anyone have any experience with this? How does high ALT make you feel? What can I do to manage it? Any advice would be really appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
ALT, or alanine aminotransferase, is an enzyme that is found in the liver. When the levels of ALT in the blood are higher than normal, it is known as elevated ALT or high ALT. High ALT is a sign of liver damage or a liver disease.

Physical Symptoms of High ALT

High ALT can cause a variety of physical symptoms, including fatigue, nausea, abdominal pain, and jaundice. People may also experience weight loss, loss of appetite, and dark urine.

Psychological Symptoms of High ALT

Having high ALT can be very stressful and can lead to feelings of anxiety, depression, and fear. People may also be worried about their future health and the possible complications of having elevated ALT.

Treatment for High ALT

Treatment for high ALT depends on the underlying cause. If the cause is a liver disease, such as hepatitis, treatment may include medications to control the disease and lifestyle changes to prevent further damage to the liver. If the cause is medication-related, the doctor may adjust the dosage or switch to a different medication. In some cases, surgery may be needed to remove a blockage or damage to the liver.

No matter what the cause of high ALT, proper treatment is important for maintaining good health. It is also important to follow-up with regular blood tests to monitor ALT levels.