How do you settle an inflamed pancreas

CuriousCat

I am looking for help with settling an inflamed pancreas. Does anyone have any knowledge about this condition? I have been experiencing stomach pain and have been told by my doctor that my pancreas is inflamed. I am looking for any advice or tips that anyone might have on how to settle the inflammation. I have been taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatories, but they don't seem to be helping. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
If you have an inflamed pancreas, it is important to seek medical advice and treatment. Treatment for an inflamed pancreas will depend on the underlying cause. Common treatments include pain relief medications, antibiotics, and lifestyle changes.

Pain Relief Medications

If the inflammation is causing pain, your doctor may recommend over-the-counter or prescription pain medications. Over-the-counter medications include acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), and naproxen (Aleve). Your doctor may also suggest stronger prescription medications such as opioids, if necessary.

Antibiotics

If the inflammation is caused by an infection, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics to help fight the infection. Common antibiotics used to treat infections of the pancreas include amoxicillin, ciprofloxacin, and metronidazole.

Lifestyle Changes

Your doctor may recommend lifestyle changes to reduce inflammation in the pancreas. These can include eating a healthy diet, getting regular exercise, avoiding smoking, and getting enough rest. Your doctor may also recommend avoiding alcohol and certain foods that can irritate the pancreas.