How do you keep water down with pancreatitis

DreamWeaver

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and I'm hoping to get some support and advice. I was recently diagnosed with pancreatitis, and I'm having a hard time keeping water down. Does anyone else have experience with this? What tips or strategies have you found to be helpful? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Pancreatitis is a serious medical condition that can cause a variety of symptoms, including abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and weight loss. People with pancreatitis often experience difficulty keeping down water and other liquids. In order to prevent dehydration, it is important to find ways to keep water and other liquids down. Here are some tips to help:

Take Small Sips

People with pancreatitis should avoid drinking large amounts of liquid at once. Instead, take small sips of water or other liquids throughout the day. This will help prevent the stomach from becoming overwhelmed.

Stay Hydrated With Broth

Drinking broth or other clear liquids may help keep the body hydrated. Broth can also help to provide essential nutrients and electrolytes.

Avoid Trigger Foods

Certain foods can trigger nausea and vomiting in people with pancreatitis. These foods should be avoided, as they can make it more difficult to keep liquids down. These trigger foods can include fatty or spicy foods, dairy products, and alcohol.

Eat Small, Frequent Meals

Eating small, frequent meals can help to reduce nausea and vomiting. Eating smaller meals also helps to prevent overwhelming the digestive system, which can lead to further complications.

Take Medication

In some cases, medication may be needed to help reduce nausea and vomiting. Talk to your doctor about medications that may be appropriate for your condition.

By following these tips, people with pancreatitis can help to reduce their symptoms and stay hydrated. It is also important to speak to a doctor about any symptoms or concerns that may arise.