How do you fix high AST and ALT levels

IdeaGenius

I have recently had a blood test and my AST and ALT levels are high. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've read a bit about it online but I'm still not sure what I should do. Are there any natural remedies or lifestyle changes that I can make? I'm hoping to get some advice from the forum members. Any help would be much appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
High AST (aspartate aminotransferase) and ALT (alanine aminotransferase) levels, which are both enzymes found in the liver, are often indicative of liver disease or injury. High levels of either enzyme can be a sign of serious underlying conditions, and you should always seek medical advice if you are concerned about your AST and ALT levels.

Lifestyle Changes

Making changes to your lifestyle can help reduce your AST and ALT levels. If you are a smoker, quitting can help reduce your levels. Eating a healthy, balanced diet and exercising regularly can help reduce your levels as well. It is also important to limit your alcohol intake, as alcohol can contribute to high AST and ALT levels.

Medications

There are several medications that can be used to treat high AST and ALT levels. Your doctor may prescribe medications such as statins, which can help lower your cholesterol levels. In addition, your doctor may prescribe medications to reduce inflammation in the liver, such as ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) or corticosteroids.

Supplementation

Taking certain supplements can also help reduce your AST and ALT levels. Milk thistle is a popular supplement that is thought to help reduce liver inflammation and improve liver function. Vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids are also thought to have beneficial effects on the liver. However, it is important to consult your doctor before taking any supplements.

Surgery

In some cases, surgery may be necessary to treat high AST and ALT levels. Surgery is usually recommended for people who have liver damage due to conditions such as hepatitis. Your doctor will discuss the risks and benefits of surgery with you before making a recommendation.