How do I lower my AST level

strawberry

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to lower my AST level? I was recently diagnosed with a liver condition and my doctor told me that my AST level was too high. I'm a bit overwhelmed and not sure where to start. Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to lower my AST level? I'm open to any and all advice, so please share any tips and advice you may have! Thank you in advance.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
AST is an enzyme found in the blood that helps the body break down proteins. AST levels can rise due to a variety of conditions, including liver disease, heart attack, and alcohol abuse. High AST levels can lead to more serious health problems, such as liver damage. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to lower your AST levels and keep your liver healthy.

Dietary Changes

Making dietary changes can help lower your AST levels. Avoiding foods that are high in saturated fats and cholesterol can help reduce your risk of developing liver disease. Eating a balanced diet that is high in fruits and vegetables and low in processed foods can also help reduce your AST levels. In addition, cutting back on alcohol consumption can help lower AST levels.

Exercise

Regular exercise can help lower your AST levels. Exercise helps improve the body's ability to break down proteins, which can help reduce AST levels. In addition, regular physical activity helps to reduce stress, which can also help lower AST levels.

Medication

In some cases, medication may be necessary to help lower your AST levels. Your doctor may prescribe medication to help reduce AST levels or to treat any underlying medical conditions that may be causing the high AST levels.

Lifestyle Changes

Making lifestyle changes can also help lower your AST levels. Quitting smoking, reducing stress, and avoiding exposure to environmental toxins can all help reduce AST levels. In addition, maintaining a healthy weight can help reduce AST levels.

By following these steps, you can help lower your AST levels and keep your liver healthy. Be sure to talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about your AST levels.