How do I know if my iron tablets are working

DigitalExplorer

I'm taking iron tablets to help with my anemia, but I'm not sure if they're working. Does anyone have any advice on how I can tell if the tablets are actually helping? I'd really appreciate any tips or advice from people who have been in a similar situation.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Symptoms of Iron Deficiency

Iron deficiency can cause a wide range of symptoms, including fatigue, pale skin, shortness of breath, brittle nails, and a weakened immune system. If you have been taking iron supplements for several weeks and are still experiencing any of these symptoms, it may be a sign that the tablets are not working.

Laboratory Tests

The best way to know if your iron tablets are working is to have a laboratory test done. This test measures the amount of iron in your blood and can tell you if your iron levels are within the normal range.

Side Effects of Iron Supplements

Iron supplements can cause a number of side effects, including constipation, nausea, and abdominal pain. If you are experiencing any of these side effects, it may be a sign that the tablets are not working.

Talk to Your Doctor

If you are not sure if your iron tablets are working, it's important to talk to your doctor. Your doctor can help you determine the best course of action and provide you with advice on how to manage your iron levels.