How do I know if I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Symptoms of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes

Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that affects the way your body uses energy. It is caused by a problem in the way the body produces or uses insulin, a hormone that helps to regulate blood sugar levels. There are two main types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2.

Type 1 diabetes, also known as juvenile diabetes, is an autoimmune disorder in which the body’s immune system attacks and destroys the cells that produce insulin. It usually develops in childhood or young adulthood and is the most common form of diabetes in young people. People with type 1 diabetes will need to take insulin injections for life.

Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes, and is often associated with obesity. It occurs when the body does not produce enough insulin or does not use insulin properly. Type 2 diabetes can usually be managed with diet, exercise and oral medications.

How Can I Tell Which Type of Diabetes I Have?

The only way to know for sure which type of diabetes you have is to see a doctor for a diagnosis. A doctor will assess your symptoms and order tests to measure your blood sugar levels. These tests will help them determine the type of diabetes you have and the best treatment plan for you.

If you have symptoms of diabetes, such as increased thirst and urination, fatigue, unexplained weight loss, blurred vision, or slow-healing sores, it is important to make an appointment with your doctor to get tested.