How did you know you had pancreatitis

strawberry

I recently found out I have pancreatitis. I'm wondering if anyone here has gone through a similar experience and could share their story with me. How did you know that you had pancreatitis? What were the symptoms that led you to get checked out by a doctor? Have you found any treatments that have worked for you? I would really appreciate any advice or insight you can offer.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Symptoms

The most common symptoms of pancreatitis are pain in the upper abdomen that radiates to the back, nausea, fever, and an elevated white blood cell count. Other symptoms that may occur include jaundice, loss of appetite, weight loss, and abdominal swelling.

Diagnosis

If you suspect you may have pancreatitis, it is important to seek medical attention right away. Your doctor will likely order laboratory tests and imaging studies to confirm the diagnosis. The most common tests used to diagnose pancreatitis are blood tests, an abdominal ultrasound, and a computed tomography (CT) scan.

Treatment

Treatment for pancreatitis depends on the cause and severity of the condition. In most cases, treatment focuses on managing the symptoms and reducing pain. Treatment may include medications to reduce inflammation and pain, changes in diet, and lifestyle modifications. In more severe cases, surgery may be necessary to remove damaged or diseased tissue.