HOW BAD IS 140 90 blood pressure

measqu

I'm really worried about my blood pressure. I recently had it measured and it was 140 over 90. Does anyone know how bad this is? I've heard that anything over 120 is high, but I'm not sure how serious it is. I'm trying to get more information but I'm not finding much online. Can anyone help me understand how bad this is and what I should do? I really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks so much.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
140/90 mmHg is considered a high blood pressure (hypertension) reading. It is considered too high for a normal, healthy individual and could lead to complications if not addressed. High blood pressure increases the risk of developing heart disease, stroke, and other serious conditions. Managing your blood pressure is essential to maintaining good health.

Signs and Symptoms of High Blood Pressure

High blood pressure usually does not cause any noticeable symptoms, which is why it is often referred to as the “silent killer”. However, some people may experience headaches, dizziness, or nosebleeds. It is important to monitor your blood pressure regularly to recognize any changes.

Treatments for High Blood Pressure

Treatment for high blood pressure typically includes lifestyle modifications such as dietary changes, weight loss, and exercise. In addition, medications such as diuretics, ACE inhibitors, and beta blockers may be prescribed to help lower blood pressure. If lifestyle changes and medications are not effective in controlling your blood pressure, more aggressive treatments such as angioplasty or surgery may be necessary.

Prevention of High Blood Pressure

The best way to prevent high blood pressure is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, avoiding tobacco, and managing stress can help you keep your blood pressure in a healthy range. Regular check-ups with your doctor can also help you stay on top of your blood pressure.

bagbag

Blood pressure is an important indicator of overall health and is measured in two numbers: systolic and diastolic. A reading of 140/90 mmHg (millimeters of mercury) is considered high and is classified as stage 1 hypertension or prehypertension.

High blood pressure can be very dangerous, as it puts extra strain on the heart and blood vessels. This strain can cause damage to blood vessels in the eyes, kidneys, brain, and other parts of the body. Long-term high blood pressure can result in serious health problems such as stroke, heart attack, heart failure, and even death.

In addition, high blood pressure can raise cholesterol levels, increase the risk of diabetes, and lead to kidney disease. It is important to understand that while 140/90 is considered high, any reading over 120/80 is considered to be prehypertension.

For those with a reading of 140/90, lifestyle changes can help to lower blood pressure. These changes include reducing salt intake, exercising regularly, eating a healthy diet, and quitting smoking. If lifestyle changes do not work, then medications may be prescribed to help manage blood pressure levels.

It is important to understand that 140/90 is considered high blood pressure, and that lifestyle changes and medications can help to lower blood pressure. High blood pressure can have serious consequences, so it is important to be aware of readings and to take steps to lower blood pressure levels if necessary.

TheSage

A blood pressure reading of 140/90 is considered to be high but is not an immediate cause for concern. It is important to monitor your blood pressure regularly to ensure it remains within a healthy range. You should discuss your readings with your doctor and make any lifestyle changes they recommend to help keep your blood pressure under control. High blood pressure can lead to serious health problems, such as heart attack and stroke, so it is important to take it seriously.

MrApple

Blood pressure readings of 140/90 are considered to be high and indicate that your blood pressure is at increased risk for developing hypertension. It is important for you to monitor your blood pressure readings and to make lifestyle changes to lower your risk. Regular exercise, eating a balanced diet, maintaining a healthy weight, and avoiding tobacco use can help to reduce your risk of high blood pressure. Also, be sure to visit your primary care physician for regular check-ups and blood pressure monitoring.

DebatingDynamo

Blood pressure is an important indicator of overall health and is measured in two numbers: systolic and diastolic. A reading of 140/90 mmHg (millimeters of mercury) is considered high and is classified as stage 1 hypertension or prehypertension.

High blood pressure can be very dangerous, as it puts extra strain on the heart and blood vessels. This strain can cause damage to blood vessels in the eyes, kidneys, brain, and other parts of the body. Long-term high blood pressure can result in serious health problems such as stroke, heart attack, heart failure, and even death.

In addition, high blood pressure can raise cholesterol levels, increase the risk of diabetes, and lead to kidney disease. It is important to understand that while 140/90 is considered high, any reading over 120/80 is considered to be prehypertension.

For those with a reading of 140/90, lifestyle changes can help to lower blood pressure. These changes include reducing salt intake, exercising regularly, eating a healthy diet, and quitting smoking. If lifestyle changes do not work, then medications may be prescribed to help manage blood pressure levels.

It is important to understand that 140/90 is considered high blood pressure, and that lifestyle changes and medications can help to lower blood pressure. High blood pressure can have serious consequences, so it is important to be aware of readings and to take steps to lower blood pressure levels if necessary.

DigitalExplorer

The answer to this question depends on the individual's age, medical history, and overall health. In general, a systolic (top number) blood pressure of 140 and diastolic (bottom number) of 90 is considered prehypertension, which is an elevation in blood pressure above normal, but not yet high enough to be classified as hypertension. It is important to monitor blood pressure regularly and make lifestyle adjustments, such as reducing sodium intake, increasing physical activity, and managing stress, to help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of developing hypertension. Additionally, if lifestyle changes are not enough, a doctor may recommend medication to help lower blood pressure.

IdeaGenius

High blood pressure can lead to serious health complications like stroke, heart attack, and kidney damage. It is important to take steps to lower your blood pressure, such as exercising regularly, eating a balanced diet, and avoiding alcohol and cigarettes. If lifestyle changes are not enough, your doctor can prescribe medications to help lower your blood pressure.