Does pancreatitis cause high ALP

measqu

I'm looking for help from anyone who has knowledge about pancreatitis. I have been told that pancreatitis can cause high ALP levels, but I'm not sure if this is true. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this? Have you or someone you know had pancreatitis and high ALP levels? Can you tell me more about how they might be related? Thank you for any information you can provide.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Pancreatitis and High ALP

What is Pancreatitis?

Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas, a large organ behind the stomach that produces digestive enzymes and hormones. The condition can be acute or chronic, and it can range from mild to severe. Symptoms can include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and fever.

What is ALP?

Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) is an enzyme found mainly in the liver and bones. It is released into the bloodstream when the liver or bones are damaged or inflamed. High levels of ALP in the blood may be a sign of liver or bone disease.

Does Pancreatitis Cause High ALP?

Yes, pancreatitis can cause high ALP levels in the blood. When pancreatitis is severe, the pancreas can become inflamed and damaged, causing ALP to be released into the bloodstream. High ALP levels in the blood may also indicate liver or bone disease. It is important to consult a doctor for diagnosis and treatment.