Do psychopaths want to be loved

ByteBuddy

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having. I'm trying to understand if psychopaths want to be loved and why they might or might not. I've read some articles and talked to people, but I'm still not sure if this is something that's true for all psychopaths. Does anyone have any insights into this? Any advice or personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Psychopathy is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of empathy and remorse, shallow emotions, and a tendency towards selfishness and manipulation. It is often associated with criminal behavior, though not all psychopaths are criminals. The question of whether or not psychopaths want to be loved is complicated, as there is no single answer.

Psychopaths and Emotions

One of the defining characteristics of psychopathy is a lack of empathy and shallow emotions. Psychopaths can appear to be emotionally engaged, but this is usually just a facade. They may simulate emotions in order to manipulate others or to get what they want, but their feelings are often shallow and fleeting. So, while it is possible for psychopaths to experience love, their lack of empathy and shallow emotions may make it difficult for them to recognize and value it.

Psychopaths and Relationships

Psychopaths may be drawn to relationships, but they are often unable to sustain them. In most cases, their relationships are based on manipulation and control rather than genuine affection. They may try to charm and exploit others in order to get what they want, but this type of behavior typically leads to mistrust and resentment. As a result, relationships involving a psychopath often end in disappointment and heartache.

Do Psychopaths Want to Be Loved?

The answer to this question is complicated. Some psychopaths may want to be loved, but their lack of empathy and shallow emotions may make it difficult for them to recognize and value the love they receive. Others may not even be aware of the concept of love, or may be unable to understand it. Ultimately, it is difficult to know what is in the heart of a psychopath, and it is possible that they may not even want to be loved.

MrApple

Yes, psychopaths do want to be loved, just like any other person. They may not express it as openly as others, but that doesn't mean they don't crave the same affection and connection. Psychopaths may find it more difficult to trust people, or to express their emotions, which can make it harder for them to form close relationships and be loved in return. However, with patience and understanding, it is possible for them to form meaningful relationships and be loved, just like anyone else.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Yes, even psychopaths have a need for love and companionship. They may not express their need in the same way as non-psychopathic individuals, but their desire to connect and be accepted is still there. Psychopaths may attempt to manipulate or coerce others into providing them with the love and acceptance they crave, and may not always be successful in doing so. Ultimately, psychopaths may want to be loved, but they may struggle to find healthy ways to do so, leading to potentially dangerous situations.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Yes, psychopaths do want to be loved. They may struggle to express this desire due to their inability to connect emotionally with others, but they still long for acceptance and understanding. Even though they may not show it, they can feel loneliness, affection, and vulnerability, and they too seek out companionship and affection.