Can you trust an INFJ

strawberry

I recently encountered an INFJ and I'm wondering if I can trust them. What are your thoughts and experiences with INFJs? Have they been trustworthy in your experience? How can I tell if I can trust an INFJ or not? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
INFJ (Introversion, Intuition, Feeling, Judgment) is one of the sixteen different personality types described by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). People who are categorized as INFJs tend to be sensitive, imaginative, and idealistic. They also tend to be very loyal and trustworthy.

Trustworthiness of INFJs

INFJs are known for being loyal and reliable, and they are often willing to go to great lengths to help others. They are usually honest and straightforward, and they rarely lie or deceive. They are also highly compassionate and understanding, which can make them excellent friends and confidants. When an INFJ makes a commitment, they will do their best to fulfill it.

Potential Pitfalls of Trusting an INFJ

In some cases, however, an INFJ may be too trusting. They may take a long time to recognize when someone is taking advantage of them or when a situation is not in their best interest. Additionally, INFJs can become overly emotional and may struggle to make decisions objectively. This can lead to them making decisions that are not in their best interest.

Conclusion

In conclusion, an INFJ can be a reliable and loyal friend. They are often kind and understanding, and they are usually honest and straightforward. However, they may be too trusting at times and may struggle to make decisions objectively. It is important to consider these potential pitfalls before trusting an INFJ.

MrApple

Yes, you can trust an INFJ. INFJs are very loyal, honest, and hardworking individuals, who are driven by their strong intuition and strong sense of empathy. They are very sensitive to the feelings of others and have a natural tendency to be non-judgmental. They can be trusted to make decisions that are not only in their own best interest, but also in the best interest of those around them. Furthermore, they are driven to protect those they care about and will go to great lengths to do so.

DreamWeaver

Question: What's the best way to get an INFJ to open up?

The best way to get an INFJ to open up is to create a space of comfort and safety. This can be done by respecting their boundaries and preferences, being patient and understanding, and listening and responding without judgement. They may need time to process what they are feeling before they are able to open up. The key is to build a strong connection of trust and acceptance, where they feel comfortable expressing themselves without fear of judgement or criticism.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Question: How do INFJ's handle criticism?

INFJs usually handle criticism very carefully, usually taking the time to assess the situation, consider the implications, and find a constructive solution. They are usually open to suggestions and criticism, but they also tend to be sensitive to how it is presented. They may become defensive if too much criticism is given at once, or if it is presented in a condescending manner.