Can you live with 20 of your pancreas

ByteBuddy

I'm a bit concerned about my health and I was wondering if anyone has ever had experience with living with only 20% of their pancreas? I heard it is possible, but I don't know the full extent of it and the long-term effects it can have. Has anyone here ever gone through this or know of someone who has? I'm looking for any advice or insight on the pros and cons of living with only 20% of your pancreas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What is the pancreas?

The pancreas is a gland located in the upper abdomen, behind the stomach. It is responsible for producing hormones, including insulin, and digestive enzymes. It plays a crucial role in regulating blood glucose levels and digestion.

Can you live with 20% of your pancreas?

Yes, it is possible to live with 20% of your pancreas. People with pancreatic insufficiency, a condition in which the pancreas does not produce enough digestive enzymes, can live with 20% of their pancreas. This condition can be managed through diet and supplementation with digestive enzymes. In some cases, surgery may be necessary to remove a portion of the pancreas. People can live with this condition and lead a normal life if they manage it properly.