Can you have pancreatitis with normal enzymes

IdeaGenius

I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some help. I've been recently diagnosed with pancreatitis, and my doctor has said that my enzymes are normal. I'm wondering if it's possible to have pancreatitis with normal enzymes? Has anyone else had a similar experience or can provide some insight into this? I'm looking for any advice or information that may be helpful.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas, an organ located in the upper abdomen that helps the body digest food and produce hormones. In some cases, pancreatitis can lead to serious complications and even death. It is important to understand the symptoms and risk factors for pancreatitis so that it can be diagnosed and treated quickly.

What is Pancreatitis?

Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas, which is a long, flat gland located in the upper abdomen near the stomach. The pancreas helps the body break down food into energy and produce hormones like insulin. Pancreatitis occurs when the pancreas becomes inflamed or swollen, leading to pain and other symptoms.

Can you have pancreatitis with normal enzymes?

Yes, it is possible to have pancreatitis with normal enzymes. Enzymes are proteins that help chemical reactions occur in the body. The pancreas produces several enzymes, including amylase, lipase, and protease, which are involved in digestion. Some people with pancreatitis may have normal levels of these enzymes, while others may have elevated levels. Blood tests can be used to measure enzyme levels in the body.