Can you be hungry with pancreatitis

strawberry

I was recently diagnosed with pancreatitis and I'm wondering if it's normal for me to still feel hungry. I'm not sure if it's because I'm used to eating a certain amount of food each day or if it's a symptom of the condition. Has anyone else experienced this? Can you be hungry with pancreatitis? I'm hoping to find out more from other people who have been through this.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Pancreatitis:
Pancreatitis is a medical condition in which the pancreas becomes inflamed. This can result in abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms. In severe cases, it can lead to organ failure or even death.

Symptoms of Pancreatitis
The most common symptom of pancreatitis is abdominal pain. Other symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, rapid heartbeat, and jaundice.

Can You Be Hungry With Pancreatitis?
In some cases, people with pancreatitis may experience hunger due to a decrease in appetite. This can be due to the inflammation of the pancreas, which affects the body's ability to process food. It is also possible to experience hunger due to the nausea and vomiting that can occur with pancreatitis. However, it is important to speak to a doctor before trying to increase your appetite, as this can worsen symptoms.