Can inflammation cause high liver enzymes

measqu

I'm really worried about my health, and I'd like to get some input from other users. Does anyone have any experience with inflammation causing high liver enzymes? I'm not sure what to do and I'm hoping to get some advice from others who've been in a similar situation. I'd really appreciate any help or advice that anyone can give me.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Inflammation of the liver, medically known as hepatitis, is a condition that can cause an increase in liver enzymes. Liver enzymes are proteins produced by the liver to help with digestion and other metabolic processes. When inflammation occurs in the liver, it can cause the production of these enzymes to increase and the levels in the bloodstream to rise.

What Causes Inflammation of the Liver?

There are many possible causes of inflammation of the liver, including viral infections, alcohol abuse, certain medications, autoimmune diseases, and metabolic disorders. Viral infections are the most common cause of inflammation of the liver. The hepatitis B and C viruses are the most common, but other viruses can also cause this condition.

What Are the Symptoms of Inflammation of the Liver?

The symptoms of inflammation of the liver can vary, depending on the cause. Common symptoms include fatigue, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, nausea, jaundice, and dark urine. It's important to seek medical attention if you experience any of these symptoms, as they can be indicative of a more serious condition.

Can Inflammation of the Liver Cause High Liver Enzymes?

Yes, inflammation of the liver can cause an increase in liver enzymes. The inflammation can cause the liver to produce more of the enzymes, leading to elevated levels in the bloodstream. If you have elevated liver enzymes, it's important to seek medical attention to determine the cause. Your doctor may order additional tests to determine the cause of the inflammation, such as a liver biopsy. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause of the inflammation.