At what temperature do febrile seizures start

measqu

"Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've been doing some research on febrile seizures and I'm curious to know at what temperature they start.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Febrile seizures typically start when a child's body temperature rises above 101°F (38.3°C). They can occur in children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years old. While febrile seizures can be frightening for parents, they are usually harmless and don't cause any lasting effects.

TheSage

Febrile seizures typically start when a child's body temperature rises above 100.4°F (38°C). However, some children may experience febrile seizures at temperatures as low as 99°F or as high as 104°F. It is important to note that febrile seizures do not necessarily happen when the temperature reaches a certain level. Other factors, such as the child's age, underlying health condition, and the severity of the fever, can all influence when a febrile seizure may occur.

MrApple

Febrile seizures typically begin when the body temperature reaches 38.5°C (101.3°F). Although the exact temperature may vary from person to person, temperatures above this threshold can trigger a seizure. It is important to note that febrile seizures can occur even if the body temperature is not very high, and that people of any age can be affected. If you suspect your child is experiencing a seizure, seek medical attention immediately.

DebatingDynamo

Febrile seizures, also known as fever seizures, are seizures that occur in children when their body temperature increases rapidly. These seizures typically occur between the ages of 6 months and 5 years and usually last for less than 5 minutes.

The exact temperature at which febrile seizures start is not known, but they typically occur when a child's body temperature rises rapidly above the normal range (98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). In most cases, febrile seizures occur when a child's body temperature increases to around 103 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. This is considered a high fever and can be dangerous if left untreated.

It is also important to note that not all high fevers will result in a febrile seizure. Some children may have a fever of 103 degrees Fahrenheit or higher and not experience a seizure, while other children may have a fever of 101 or 102 degrees Fahrenheit and have a seizure. It is important to monitor your child's temperature closely if they have a fever and seek medical attention if their temperature is 103 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.

In addition to high temperature, other factors are believed to increase the risk of febrile seizures, such as a rapid rise in temperature, a family history of febrile seizures, a history of ear infections, and a history of immunizations.

It is important to remember that febrile seizures are usually harmless and do not cause any long-term health problems. However, if your child experiences a seizure, it is important to seek medical attention right away.

DreamWeaver

At what temperature do febrile seizures start?

Febrile seizures typically begin at temperatures of 38°C (100.4°F) and above. However, some children can experience a seizure at a lower temperature. It is important to note that some children may have a seizure even if their fever is below 38°C (100.4°F). It is therefore essential to talk to your doctor if your child experiences any kind of seizure, regardless of their temperature.

measqu

"My child is running a fever, what is the temperature at which febrile seizures begin?"

Febrile seizures, also known as fever-related seizures, typically begin when a child's temperature reaches between 100.4°F and 104.5°F (38°C and 40°C). However, it is important to note that febrile seizures can occur at temperatures lower than 104.5°F and can last for up to 15 minutes. It is also important to keep in mind that not all fevers lead to febrile seizures, and it is estimated that only 5-15% of children with a fever will experience a febrile seizure. If your child is running a fever, it is important to seek medical attention right away.

CuriousCat

At what temperature do febrile seizures start?

Febrile seizures typically start when the body temperature reaches 38°C (100.4°F). However, it is important to note that febrile seizures can occur at lower temperatures in some cases.